Explore local attractions, city culture

meganli74

Written by Megan Li

California Avenue Farmers’ Market:

• Open on Sundays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., this farmers’ market is the perfect place to spend at least a solid hour reveling in the quaint charm of the stalls and the buzz of happy, environmentally-conscious consumers. Other perks include numerous free samples of fresh, locally grown and locally made products such as fruits and artisanal cheeses, as well as the Community Cat Rescue adoption fair. If you’re looking to actually buy something, make sure to arrive early, before the organically-fueled masses come knocking down the street

Cantor and Anderson Art Galleries:

• Drop by Stanford campus and visit these two adjacent art galleries for a classy break in your day and many Instagram-worthy backgrounds. The Cantor Museum fields one of the largest collections of the famous French sculptor Auguste Rodin’s work, many of which sit just outside the center in the Rodin Sculpture Garden. According to gallery’s website, the Anderson Art Gallery’s claim to fame is being “one of the world’s most outstanding assemblies of modern and contemporary American art.”

Create It:

• Create It is a walk-in studio nestled in Town and Country Village where you can paint your own ceramics, glass and canvases. Unleash your artistic creativity and create fun, personal gifts for any sort of occasion, or treat yourself with your ideal mug to cherish forever.

Peninsula Creamery:

• The Peninsula Creamery Dairy Store & Grill was established in 1923 and has been serving Palo Altans ever since. Customers can come in weekdays between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. to enjoy a variety of sandwiches, burgers and salads. What the family-owned shop is most known for, however, are hand-scooped milkshakes that come in a variety of flavors from classic vanilla to cookie dough.