Fall sports teams charge into their new season, have high hopes for reaching CCS titles

Dance

“We had five seniors graduate last year which was half of our team, but I’ve found that the girls we have this year have such a strong bond. We all have our roles, whether it be creating formations, finding and cutting music or choreography.”—junior Alex Kim

Volleyball

“We are a very good team but we’re not perfect. We make mistakes but we don’t focus on them. We don’t dwell on the past and we are constantly positive and focusing on the next play.”—senior Nicole Brigham

Girls’ Tennis

We have more players and are more united than last year. I think that’s going to make matches more exciting.”—junior Emma Bers

Girls’ Water Polo

“This season is about adaptation. In the past we’ve somewhat relied on our older teammates, but this year we are only depending on ourselves. We’re in a position where we have to fight and fight hard for every ‘W.’  This season is about pushing ourselves to be the best team we can be.”—senior Emily Fitzgerald

“I think we have a lot of hardships to overcome like losing a lot of our really strong seniors , but in the end we are a strong team and I think we can get far in CCS as well as look for another league title.”—senior Adi Steinhart

Cross Country

“Right before we race, where we all huddle up at the start line together, the girl would do a cheer that goes like, ‘How funky is your chicken; how loose is your goose; come on Lady Titans and shake your caboose,’ and we say it as loud as we can.”—senior Michelle Zhang

Boys’ Water Polo

“I expect us to play to our potential. Winning CCS will be a challenge but I think we have it in us.”—junior Calder Hilde-Jones

“Our biggest weakness is that we don’t beat every team we play by more than ten goals.”—junior Christian Znidarsic

Cheer

“We’re competing this year, so I hope that when we look back we realize that we worked hard and did everything we could.”—senior Joowon Lee

Football

“The team is definitely improving on offensive and defensive plays. We are fixing each little possible error, from our conditioning to blocking the right defender.”—junior Corry Gong

Golf

“We have a good team dynamic. We’re 100 percent supportive and we never blame each other when losing because we lose as a team, not as individuals.”—junior Tiffany Yang