Sean Yu: Student Body Vice President

YuS

Hi everyone! My name is Sean Yu, and I am this year’s Junior Class Vice President going on to be your Student Body Vice President for the 2018-2019 school year. With one year of SEC experience, I have grown as a leader and also understand the breadth of impact that SEC has and can have on our school. As the liaison between SEC and clubs, I have many ideas that can improve the synergy between the two, specifically at club fair such as allowing club sponsors to choose their own spaces prior to set up. Furthermore, I plan to restructure the event to be organized by sections based on which day each club meets, so if you are looking for a club that meets on a specific day, it is much easier to navigate and locate the clubs you are interested in. Additionally, I’ve observed that communication between SEC and the student body is enhanced greatly through social media. However, not every student has a Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat etc., but everyone is on Schoology. If class and ASB officers are allowed to post messages or polls in their own class groups, collecting data on student feedback or simply informing the student body of upcoming events will be much more effective. Finally, although it is technically not my official role, I loved organizing and helping out with homecoming this year, so to the rising seniors, get ready for some earth-shattering airbands music produced and curated by yours truly!