Hanna Suh: Junior Site Council Representative

SuhH.jpg

Hi! I’m Hanna Suh, and I am honored to be serving as the Junior Site Council Representative next year. I have been a member of student council/SEC every year since sixth grade and have been an elected member of site council every year since the seventh grade; my involvement in student council and SEC has taught me about advocacy, ethics, and working well as a team. The Site Council is an organized group consisting of admin, teachers, staff, parents, and students; its job is to set school-wide goals for state accreditation, approve grants, and address concerns between parents/admin/students. Aside from leadership activities, I am an active, award-winning member of the Gunn Model United Nations club and a member of the Gunn JV cross country team. This year, my goal is to increase student voice specifically within my grade. I have been working closely with the school board rep to reform the position of Site Council next year so that student voice can be maximized and equal among classes. I plan on implementing a junior class student input luncheon, similar to the successful school-wide input luncheon held earlier this year. Please feel free to approach me anytime to give ideas, tell me something you want to see changed, or just to say hi!