Student Body President: Joshua Mei

Back to Article
Back to Article

Student Body President: Joshua Mei

Hey Titans, I’m Josh Mei and I’m running to be your ASB president. Looking out at the crowd, I see different grades, classmates, friends, I see people I’ve known since Kindergarten and those I met just last week. In thirty years, however we will all be reminiscing about the same Gunn, and those memories will be defined by the people around you now. My goal next school year is thus to promote the growth of relationships and the making of memories, leading to a more cohesive, united, Titan Family.

First, I will lead SEC to run as logistically smoothly as possible. I’ll learn from my successes and failures over the last three years of experience on SEC to ensure every event we plan is done so well. Through this, SEC can offer more opportunity to form memories.

Next, I plan to hold more events in which students can meet others they might not otherwise meet. SEC pioneered a random Meet and Greet event this semester that I hope to expand. Like blind dates but minus the dating. I also hope to encourage both class bonding, as well as inter-class bonding to promote a more connected school.

Finally, I will continue to expand on an already robust stream of student voice. Bridging students with admin and vice versa, I will maintain and expand on existing communication channels, leading to a more student-centric campus and overall enjoyable experience.

Together we can leave a greater legacy. Let’s change the culture. Vote for Josh Mei.