School Board Rep: Hanna Suh

Hi, My name is Hanna Suh and I am running for school board representative! I have been in student council for 6 years now, and I am going into my 4th year in SEC. Throughout high school, I’ve been honored to serve as the freshman, sophomore, and junior site council representatives. As a member of Site Council every year since 2014, I worked to help form short and long-term plans for the WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) accreditation at both the middle and high school levels, working with three different administrations along the way. Outside of school, I serve as a legislative advisor to Congresswoman Anna Eshoo; currently, I am working to propose an extension of Section IV under the federal Every Student Succeeds Act in order to increase access to STEM education for girls and historically underrepresented minorities. I am also going into my 5th year as a Model United Nations delegate; I’ve won numerous awards while traveling with the Gunn MUN team and have served as an executive for the Gunn MUN Conference. My main goal as school board representative would be to increase transparency between the board and students, especially in preparation for the board’s upcoming decisions on implementing standards-based grading. As the school district tries to move forward with implementing standards-based grading, I will make sure that students’ voices will not only be heard but used. I believe that my long experience with working with admin will help me to do so seamlessly.