Sophomore President: Irene Kim

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sophomore President: Irene Kim

Guess who’s running for class president — again? Last year, I had the honor of representing the class of 2022 as the freshman class president, and to keep up my three-year presidential streak into the 2019-2020 school year, I’m running for sophomore class president. Each year, my promise to you is simple: to make your year at Gunn as memorable as possible. For example, homecoming is hands-down the biggest and most exciting event at Gunn, so I want to make sure that the participation for the dress up themes, games, and rallies are as high as possible. This way, everyone from the class of 2022 will leave Gunn with a positive homecoming experience. Also, I want to increase communication between SEC and the sophomore class for various events and activities, because I realized that a lot of the time, people are unaware of the events going on around the school. One way to increase awareness is by taking advantage of class council meetings and relaying information there, so anyone who is interested can know what to expect. But most importantly, my goal is to represent our class and make sure our voices are heard. For the memorable sophomore year that you want, vote Irene Kim for sophomore class president.