Student Body VP: Joyce Lian

Back to Article
Back to Article

Student Body VP: Joyce Lian

Hey! My name is Joyce Lian and I am running for ASB VP because I want to help make the four years at Gunn memorable for all students. I want to carry forward the spirit that peaks at Homecoming to the rest of the year. This can be done with simple things, like playing music in the quad every other Friday. Another addition to spice up daily life would added spirit dress up days. School gets a little boring when people feel like their routine continues for too long. With dress up days every other month, it will give students something to look forward to after 2 months of the mundane. With increased school spirit, students will hopefully have an easier time getting through second semester burnout, and it’ll definitely make school life a little more fun and show the new freshmen what school life should be like.
A large part of the community at Gunn is the huge club culture. I am currently an officer in the MUN club here at Gunn, and actively participate in others, so I am able to see the loyalty and commitment many students have to their clubs. As ASB VP, I would like to help clubs run as best as possible. By helping clubs facilitate on campus or deal with administration or logistical issues, I believe that the students who attend these clubs will be able to increase their enjoyment not only of the club, but also their time at Gunn.