Letter from the Editor

Welcome, readers, to this year’s first full installment of The Oracle. As you browse through the articles that our staff has put together this month, I hope that you get a sense of the diversity of stories and opinions that will be featured throughout the year.

As the news industry moves away from print publication to online news content, we decided that it was time to keep up with the changing times. Over the summer, we gave our website a major makeover and are now ready to launch the new and improved gunnoracle.com. Make sure to check it out throughout the month as we upload breaking news stories and features on our fellow Gunn Titans. You will also be able to submit letters to the editor and story suggestions, as well as subscribe to The Oracle for a fresh paper delivered to your doorstep each month.

That being said, we are first and foremost a print publication. Nothing compares to the feeling of flipping through a tangible newspaper, and we plan to provide that priceless satisfaction each month. Last year, the staff received first place in the General Excellence category from the San Francisco Peninsula Press Club and we expect to live up to and surpass the standard we have set for ourselves.

We hope you enjoy your read and pick up a copy of The Oracle again next month.

Sincerely,

Danielle Yacobson, EIC 2014-15