Peanut Butter Fan Defends Her Side

Written by Deiana Hristov

Few things in this world are so rich, so indulgent, so pure as a spoonful of creamy peanut butter. When it comes to condiments and spreads, peanut butter takes the prize. Every food you eat, from brownies to pretzels, is elevated to a whole new level when coated in the nutty spread.

Take celery, for example: normally a tasteless food, with nothing going for it except for a slight crispiness, is turned into a delightful snack when coated in peanut butter. Even Oreos, arguably

man’s most perfect invention, is augmented by the spread—why else would Oreo release a peanut-butter flavored Oreo? In addition, versatility is beauty, and peanut butter is arguably the world’s most versatile condiment. From ai peanut sauce to American peanut

butter cups, nearly every culture has incorporated peanut butter into its cooking. However, peanut butter is not only delicious; it’s good for you, too. In addition

to providing healthy monounsaturated fats, protein and fiber, peanut butter has many vitamins and minerals like vitamin E, magnesium and potassium. What other condiment can boast that? Certainly not fructose-syrup- filled ketchup

nor artificially-colored mustard. So when you’re standing in the kitchen eating peanut butter out of a jar with a spoon, you can continue guilt-free knowing you

are nourishing your body as well as your taste buds.
rough the ups and downs of life, peanut butter has always stuck by my side,

comforting me in times of distress with its rich, salty smoothness. Never am I happier than when I’m standing in the kitchen, jar of peanut butter in one hand and spoon in

the other, mouth welded together by the savory perfection of peanut butter.