Compiled by Amanda Lee
- Sometimes adding a little spice can bring your favorite hot cocoa to a new level. Add some cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cardamom, vanilla extract (or seeds, if you’re fancy), peppermint extract or even ginger.
- Use almond milk, dairy- free chocolate, or even unsweetened cocoa powder for an all-vegan twist.
- Hot chocolate doesn’t have to be just sweet. Make Mexican Hot Chocolate by adding some cayenne pepper powder to your cocoa.
- One of the most creative recipes ever: Lemongrass and Lavender White Hot Chocolate. Add lemongrass, a makrut lime leaf, dried lavender and lime zest to your white chocolate.
- Take some time to make the real deal. Melt your favorite chocolate with milk and don’t rush anything to make the hot chocolate of your dreams.
- Like caffeine? Make a mocha by combining coffee and your favorite hot chocolate if you’re ever in need of a caffeinated kick.