Arjun Prabhakar: School Board Representative

My name is Arjun Prabhakar and I am running for the position of School Board Representative. Over the past few years I have been heavily involved in Gunn student affairs, as I helped promote student voice on the bell schedule issue, served on the 2017 Principal Selection Committee, and am currently advocating for more humanities courses at Gunn. I believe that I have the qualities to be a strong leader who effectively communicates the student opinion to the Palo Alto Unified School Board. I have over five years of experience in public speaking and argumentation, so I will ensure that the Gunn student voice is heard on the Board! I believe that we have done many things well as a student body, but the one thing that we are missing is a unified plan forward. I want to work with the entire student body–– through surveys, committees, and more–– so that all opinions are expressed and we can figure out the best course of action for students, overall. Furthermore, interactions between the student body and Board need to increase so that both interest groups are on the same page. We must understand that we are all working together to promote the best interests for Palo Alto education and that understanding will lead us to policies that work best for everyone. I am very excited to be your next representative on the School Board and hope that I can get to know many of you next year.