Tracy Douglas, Registrar

After 24 years at Gunn—28 total with the Palo Alto Unified School District (PAUSD)—registrar and former math and science department secretary Tracy Douglas will retire this year.

As the registrar, Douglas’ tasks are multifarious and require a penchant for organization and reliability. “My world revolves around transcripts, grades, credits, records, Infinite Campus and Parchment [a digital credentials service Gunn uses],” she wrote in an email. “The logic and structure of those pieces suits me. I have lots of freedom to create my own systems and processes to keep things manageable.”

Though challenging at times, Douglas has managed everything from students’ transcript issues to parent or counselor questions with brisk efficiency, while always following through. “My greatest achievement [at Gunn] was that I was able to organize the potential chaos into manageable chunks and get my work done quickly and efficiently,” she wrote.

After considering retirement at the end of each month this year, Douglas has found it to be the right decision. Despite this, Douglas will miss the people she interacts with and the routine of coming to Gunn every day. “Over the years, getting to know teachers and counselors has made Gunn an interesting, inspiring and fun place to hang my hat every day,” she wrote.

$550
$1000