Teddy Bear Jacket: You can “bearly” move!

by Amrita Moitra:

Graphics by Lisa Wu

Have you ever been so cold that you wanted to cuddle up to numerous teddy bears? Thanks to designer Sebastian Errazuriz, you can fulfill this desire with the Teddy Bear Jacket!

This outerwear’s design is rather straightforward. The bodies of teddy bears are sewn all over a fleece jacket, including on the sleeves and hood. There is a nicely camouflaged zipper that runs down the entire front of the jacket. Color choices, unfortunately, are limited to beige.

The benefits of owning such an innovative fashion pieces are almost endless. Now anyone can emulate famous Disney villain Cruella De Ville, but in a fun, animal-friendly way. If one does not want to look like an evil cartoon character, he or she can look like a harmless bubble, as the Teddy Bear Jacket gives the wearers the always-fashionable “round” look, making them actually resemble a bear. Another obvious perk of the jacket is its warmth. The combination of heat-trapping teddy bears and fleece makes for a sauna-esque fee
There are perhaps only two very serious flaws with this product. Firstly, there is the issue of mobility. While the jacket does provide a bear-shaped layer of warmth, it does have a large girth. The teddy bears do not allow for a complete range of motion; in fact, the wearer’s arms can “bearly” move. The second problem is cleaning. With all the attention this jacket attracts, it is certain that a spectator will stain one of the many teddy bears while reaching out in jealousy. Machine-washing, however, seems more likely to destroy the product. Owners of the Teddy Bear Jacket must be willing to pay for dry cleaning or meticulously hand-clean every bear, preferably with Windex and a cotton swab.l. But what is perhaps the Teddy Bear Jacket’s greatest feature is the squishiness. Thanks to the plush bears, an embrace from someone in this jacket will be the ultimate bear hug.

Errazuriz’s design has certainly changed the way people view outerwear. Will the jacket attract children? Yes. Does it give hint that the wearer had a disturbing childhood? Most definitely. Despite all the benefits it provides, the world is not ready for the Teddy Bear Jacket.

Check out the product here