Compiled by Jack Mallery
- 1/2 cup minced white onion
- 3 ripe and chopped avocados
- 1 jalapeno chile (seeds and ribs removed), minced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh, cilantro
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt
- Tortilla chips for serving
Place your onion in a small bowl, then add enough cold water to cover it completely. Let the onion soak for 20 minutes then drain it.
In a bowl, combine avocados, onion, jalapeno, tomato, cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt and mix to combine, mashing slightly. Serve with tortilla chips.
Black Pepper Salsa
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Stir the tomatoes, green bell pepper, onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño pepper, cumin, salt and pepper in a bowl. Serve with chips.