Teachers share embarrassing, awkward dating stories: Jordan Wells

Written By Aleks Tycz

Dating is a game of chance, and once in awhile a date won’t go as planned. For English teacher Jordan Wells, a friendly night out with a co-worker became a date she had not intended to go on.

“I didn’t really realize it was a date,” Wells said. “I thought we were just going to the movies as friends.” The date was fine up until the final 10 minutes. It was during one of the final action-packed scenes that things began to go south. “All of a sudden I see out of the corner of my eye [his] arm stretching out as he tried to put his arm around me,” Wells said. “I was thinking to myself, maybe if I just sit here, it will go away.”

Unfortunately for Wells, her date failed to take the hint and continued his advances. “I wasn’t responding at all,” Wells said. “He tried to start kissing the side of my face and the whole time I was thinking, ‘I just wanted to watch the movie.’”

In an effort to rebuff her date’s attempts, Wells tried to draw his attention back to the movie. “I said ‘let’s just watch the end of the movie,’” Wells said. “I had to tell him that in the middle of him trying to kiss me which was very, very awkward.”

After the movie ended, Wells was forced to confront the uncomfortable situation. “I had to explain to him that I didn’t really know we were on a date,” Wells said. “After that, he was all embarrassed and I was all embarrassed.”

Wells now remembers the date as a humorous event and can laugh at the uncomfortable situation. “That was a disaster date,” Wells said. “The saddest part of it all is I don’t remember the movie.”