DIY+clothing

Clair Koo

DIY clothing

With shelter in place, and pass-fail grades, I’m sure everyone has a lot of time on their hands. What better way to spend it than spicing up some of your old clothes? Do-it-yourself (DIY) clothes have always been popular, but quarantine has put them back on the top trends list. Popular TikTok videos show people bleaching one leg of their old jeans to give them a more unique look; others show people embroidering clothing, painting shoes and even tie-dying. However, with many tie-dye clothing items popular right now and stores charging a fortune for them, a cheaper and more fun option is to just dye them yourself. With summer just around the corner, many are making crop tops out of their larger T-shirts. This is a great way to pass time during quarantine, and is a great activity to do with your friends on a sunny summer day. For example, I took an ugly long tank from seventh grade, cropped it and tie-dyed it and now it looks super cute! DIY clothes are fun to make, cheap and easy. Many people start off with cheap shirts at Walmart or even use their own old clothes, and turn them into something they could find at their favorite stores. Now is the time to try new things more than ever before, so get creative!

$550
$1000