Chris Lee

Hidden gems: The math office

In a school of around 2,000 students, finding a peaceful and work-conducive environment on campus is challenging. The Math Office is one of Gunn’s hidden gems and a part of campus that many students overlook as a studying space.

Located on the second floor of the N-Building, the office offers work stations with power outlets in addition to beanbags for studying comfortably. Students can also get math help on large whiteboards that make hard concepts easy to map out. Additionally, due to the ample space available, students have fewer limitations when working on group projects and are free to work more creatively.

The Math Office also serves as an alternative location to the Academic Center for arranging tutoring sessions. Since most students are not aware that the office is an option, it remains significantly less busy and is much quieter than the Academic Center located on the opposite end of campus.

Although no one is permanently stationed at the Math Office, it is pretty common to see math teachers in the room throughout the day. They can offer quick conversations, funny jokes or occasional help with math concepts you might be struggling with.

If you are looking for a quiet place to study and do work during the day, the Math Office is definitely a worthy location.

$550
$1000