Jason Miller, Social Studies

Social studies teacher, football coach and Social Justice Pathway instructor Jason Miller is leaving after teaching at Gunn for almost five years. As an advocate for equality, he has nurtured both his students and the Social Justice Pathway program to have open minds and always do what is right.

Miller looks forward to working alongside his family in the future though making the decision to leave was tough. “I’ve accomplished a great deal at Gunn,” he said. “That, coupled with an opportunity to return home, to teach with my brother and his three children, motivated me to leave.”

As to regrets about leaving, Miller said he still has a lingering sadness due to leaving at such a momentous time for the football team. “Things are hectic right now,” he said. “There’s no rudder to the ship—the leadership vacuum will affect the [entire] football team.”

Miller will miss the students the most after leaving Gunn. “Schools are not about bricks and buildings—they’re about [the] students,” he said. “I’ll miss the students that were in my classes and the students that were on my team, because they gave me maximum effort [whenever] I asked. They are some of the greatest kids that you could ever want to be around.”

$550
$1000