Grace Gao

Dance Commissioner: Adele Davis

The Welcome Back Dance, Homecoming Dance, Prom—all of these formative experiences are planned by none other than Dance Commissioner senior Adele Davis. In her second year planning the school’s dances and social events, Davis has become familiar with all the ins and outs of what goes into preparing such events.

The Dance Commissioner’s role consists of planning dances and ensuring students have a positive experience at them. In April 2022, for example, Davis organized Prom at the City View at Metreon for the junior and senior classes to attend. “The planning takes a long time because the venue was chosen about a year before Prom actually happens,” Davis said. “We hire staff and all the different components. Then I work together with Ms. Hall, the Student Activities Director, to make sure the tickets are the right price.”

Along with preserving the quality of past dances, Davis plans to organize new events this year. “I’m really excited and really trying to get a dance early next semester,” Davis said. “I’m hoping it will be a Valentine’s Day dance in correlation with Love Week. That would be really fun because it would give a second semester dance to underclassmen as well.”

In terms of the near future, students can look forward to the upcoming Homecoming Week, culminating in the football game on Friday and dance on Saturday. “I’m starting to think about the theme [for the dance] and general planning,” Davis said. In the meantime, she encourages students to fully participate in all the week’s festivities. “Get your outfits, make sure they’re on-theme and fun. Then get hyped. Get your friends hyped. Get everyone hyped.”

$550
$1000