Concert Previews

Vans Warped Tour: Jun. 23

As summer vacation nears and the school year comes to a close, music festivals are rushing to prepare shows during the heat. The Warped Tour, sponsored by popular shoe brand Vans, is a summer concert that has been pleasing audiences since its inception in 1995. The tour features up to 100 bands per show and is coming to San Francisco on Jun. 23 at the AT&T parking lot where bands including All Time Low, Vampires Everywhere! and New Found Glory will play. If you aren’t familiar with these bands, this tour is perfect for fans of punk rock, alternative and rock. Each ticket costs $36 excluding the extra fee.

Outside Lands: Aug: 10-12

For those who have an eclectic taste in music, try going to the enormous Outside Lands festival in Golden Gate Park which  will play host to  artists such as Stevie Wonder and Norah Jones. Bands like Metallica, Passion Pit and Die Antword will be playing as well. Although one regular three-day ticket is priced at $225, one should keep in mind
that the festival includes much  more than
just music. It will include additional activities such as food tasting from restaurants all over the Bay Area, art exhibits and shows with local variety acts and comedians.

Rock the Bells:Aug. 25-Aug.26

For those of you who are hardcore hip-hop fans, the Rock the Bells concert in Mountain View from Aug. 25 to 26 at the Shoreline Amphitheatre is a definite must-see. General admission is $99 to see over 20 acts, including Kid Cudi, Tyga and Ice Cube. The doors open at 11 a.m. and  the concert ends at an undisclosed time. Though this is a two day concert, students won’t need to reserve a hotel because the venue is close by.

—Compiled by Zoe Weisner