Titan News Update

As part of an impact project—personal projects Student Executive Council members undertake with the goal of improving the school—seniors Scott Lee, Jack Poon and Michael Zhang as well as sophomore Chloe Wang have begun producing Titan News Updates, weekly announcements that inform the student body of news and upcoming events at Gunn. The first Titan News Update was released on Feb. 27, and there have been five episodes released since then.

Anchor Jack Poon believes that TNU can fill a similar role as the morning announcements that were produced by the Titan Broadcast Network. “It’s been a couple of years since TBN has been a thing, and we were the last class to really remember it,” he said. “We wanted to bring it back, especially since now we’re back in person and PA announcements have been used a couple of times.”

Although TNU currently makes one video a week, SEC hopes to eventually produce daily video announcements. “Right now we only do weekly (announcements) because SEC doesn’t have the time to do daily broadcasts,” Poon said. “But in the future, perhaps that might be something we can bring back—(it) probably would have to be run through Mr. Corpuz’s broadcast class.”

Senior Daniel Carlstrom prefers receiving the weekly announcements through TNU, rather than the typical Schoology update or Instagram post. “It feels more approachable,” he said. “There are people talking to me instead of just a Schoology update.”

Students or clubs who want to announce upcoming events or news on TNU can email Student Activities Director Lisa Hall.

$550
$1000