SEC+Elections

SEC Elections

On March 24, Gunn held elections for the 2023-24 school year’s student council positions. Junior Class President Nathan Levy was elected Associated Student Body president, a position that allows him to extend his leadership across the entire school. “As the ASB president, you’re not at the forefront of all the events, but you’re making sure everything’s going to plan,” he said.

Levy’s election left a spot open for current Junior Class Vice President Maya Perkash to become senior class president, where she plans to take the lead with homecoming preparations. “There’ll be a lot of work with other class officers to see what’s feasible for homecoming,” she said.

The junior class presidential election was decided in a runoff on March 29, with Sophomore Class President Melinda Huang ultimately winning the position. Huang plans to expand on the connection she already has with her class and increase participation in class events. “We had our first class bonding event (this year),” she said. “I want to incorporate more fun and give people more opportunities to make friends.”

Although the elections are over, the Student Executive Council has yet to decide who will be filling the appointed officer positions. These officers—Publicity Commissioners, Diversity Commissioners and Special Events Commissioners to name a few—will be appointed to the council through an application and interview process. These results will be announced by the end of April.

$550
$1000