Homecoming Court 2023

Homecoming Court 2023
Richie+Armstrong
Richie Armstrong

“(Getting voted to be on homecoming court) is a big accomplishment for me. I’m happy about it, and a lot of my family is happy for me.”

Roger+Fan
Roger Fan

“Out of all the people in homecoming court, I am the (most involved in) STEM, because STEM is kind of my thing. I guess I represent that side, and I’m honored, of course;  it’s really cool to be able to represent what I am interested in.”

Irene+Hong
Irene Hong

“It’s very inclusive that they changed (homecoming king and queen to homecoming court) because they wanted to be inclusive of other genders, as well as nominate people because of what they’ve done for the community rather than traditional beauty.”

Ruth+Jaquette
Ruth Jaquette

“It’s cool that you get 10 people (on homecoming court), because if you look at our court every year, there’s people from a lot of different groups across campus.”

Heeseo+Jeong
Heeseo Jeong

“I like talking to everyone (and) getting to know people in my table groups. For example, I start conversations, so I guess being able to do that — and learning to do that a bit more even with people you don’t know very well — is a trait that could have been the reason people voted me for homecoming court.”

Nathan+Levy
Nathan Levy

“Since (homecourting court is) voted for by the whole school, it’s something that the whole community has to agree on. I think it’s really nice that a bunch of different people get to be highlighted and have their chance to be in front of the school as part of homecoming court.”

Joaquin+Noble
Joaquin Noble

“(Homecoming court contains) people who personify the Gunn culture and really describe what Gunn is through 10 people.”

Jazmin+Rodrigo
Jazmin Rodrigo

“(Getting voted on) homecoming court made me realize how much of a positive influence I’ve made on other people at school, and I feel appreciated by those who voted for me.”

Celine+Safa
Celine Safa

“Being on homecoming court wasn’t something I was expecting, so I didn’t think about it much in the past, but it makes me happy to think the school chose me as a representative for our class along with other members. Just being nominated in the first place and getting voted on says something about me to myself, that I have a bigger impact on the school than I may think.”

Siena+Tacy
Siena Tacy

“The reason I wanted to get on (homecoming court) mainly was to have a good memory for senior year; I thought it would be fun because people talk about that years off the line.”