Campus clubs offer ways to contribute

Campus clubs offer ways to contribute
Dream Volunteers Club
Dream Volunteers Club

Dream Volunteers Club meets on Mondays at lunch in Room H-5. Their goal is to help make education resources more accessible to underprivileged communities. They offer a wide range of volunteering opportunities, such as writing to clients of Meals on Wheels — an organization working to reduce senior hunger and isolation — and traveling overseas to build infrastructure. Last year, a group of volunteers went to Guatemala and dug trenches to construct a school. Club members plan to travel to Costa Rica this spring for another school project.

Key Club
Key Club

Key Club meets on Fridays during lunch in Room G-1. The club connects students to a community of volunteers through service events such as food distribution and toy donations. Each year, club members write thoughtful letters to the veterans at the Palo Alto Veterans Affair hospitals. Recently, club members organized a Charity for Miles event. Students either ran or walked for donations that went to UNICEF, an organization that gives medical support and education to children worldwide.

Red Cross Club
Red Cross Club

Red Cross Club, which meets on Friday at lunch in room L-1, spreads health and safety awareness. During meetings, club members learn about medical issues and ways to prepare themselves for disasters such as earthquakes or fires. The club holds drives in which students can donate blood or items for unhoused people such as toothbrushes, shampoo, lotion and socks. The club also offers opportunities for students to become CPR-certified and write cards to veterans or hospitalized children.

YCS Club
YCS Club

Meeting Mondays at lunch in Room N-115, Youth Community Service Club helps students build empathy, establish healthy relationships and make responsible decisions. The club organizes events like Trunk-or-Treat, in which volunteers decorate car trunks for Halloween and pass out treats, and Service Day, in which students participate in service activities off campus. YCS also honors students through service awards, such as the YCS Youth Connect Leadership Award.