Categories:

Faces: What are significant differences between the American public school system and that of a different country?

Hannes Zimmermann, 9
Hannes Zimmermann, 9

“Schools in America have more spirit and activities. Not having spirit in (other) countries makes students less invested in school.”

Alex Gan, 10
Alex Gan, 10

“In the United States, they look at your GPA, your grades from sophomore to senior year and your comprehensive ability, but in China, they only care about the scores from he test you take.”

Marie Lozada, 11
Marie Lozada, 11

“At this school, students are encouraged to bring creativity to the school itself, which is not as noticeable back in my old school. I noticed the many projects students have created across campus.”

Lily Ogawa, 12
Lily Ogawa, 12

“In America, there’s more individualism and independence. It’s also more free. You can choose what classes you want to take, while in Japan, you have to take what the teachers want you to take.”

1
View Story Comments
$1900
$1000

About the Contributors
Gwendolyn Domine
Gwendolyn Domine, Forum Editor
Junior Gwen Domine is a forum editor for The Oracle. In her free time, you can find her listening to one of her 260+ Spotify playlists, sailing and drinking too much caffeine. #JoinGunnSailing
Sarah Xie
Sarah Xie, Graphics Editor
Senior Sarah Xie is the graphics editor for The Oracle. She loves all things bread and, if she is not in the kitchen, she is absorbed in the latest chapters of her favorite mangas.
$1900
$1000