School Board Student Representative

Yoonseo Lee
Yoonseo Lee

Hi, my name is Yoonseo and I’m running to be your School Board Representative! As I approach my final year at Gunn, I’ve come to appreciate an opportunity for direct student representation. Especially, with limited opportunities for student involvement often reflecting in non-inclusive and untransparent policy-making processes in the board. To shed light on this issue, I’ve worked alongside Chris, the current SBR, in organizing the Titan Town Hall and addressed it through The Chariot, Gunn’s social and political magazine, by interviewing a variety of student advocates and suggesting a path for improvement. With room for growth, I’m committed to making this absence of student involvement my top priority for next year. By reducing the blindspots of board administrators and discussing their viewpoints and practicalities, I hope to answer: Which student opinions are incorporated into administrative policies, and if not, for what reason? I’ve equipped myself to serve as SBR, especially from my experience in the SEC as ASB Secretary that has given me countless opportunities to interact with a diverse set of student voices. From handling club affairs, serving as a liaison for student-led organizations on campus, and collecting quarterly feedback on student activities, I’ve learned how to compromise, communicate, and understand student needs and interests. Honing the skills required for a Board Representative, I realize that the role won’t always be easy. But with a genuine passion for change and an unwavering commitment, I hope to take SBR to its full potential. Thank you and with this in mind, vote Yoonseo Lee for SBR and. . . Seize your OpporYOONity!

Angela Liu
Angela Liu

Hey, Titans! I’m Angela Liu, and I’m running to be your School Board Rep. I am committed to unbiased representation and ensuring that every voice is not only heard but valued in the decision-making process. I will achieve these objectives through three initiatives. Firstly, I will guarantee accessibility to board meetings through clear Schoology notes and conduct periodic polls, enabling me to support your ideas with concrete numbers. Secondly, I’ll post podcasts, interviews, and short videos so that you can get to know the board and current issues better. Finally, I will establish monthly PRIME sessions where students can eat snacks and voice their opinions on things that should be addressed. This way, I can authentically speak from your perspective, not just my own.

Drawing from my experience in effectively articulating arguments through publications in the Mercury News and working in the recent primary election, I am equipped to represent you with dedication. Next year, we can bring about the change that you want to see in our school community. All you have to do is vote for Angela Liu.