Dance Commissioner

Evelyn Shen
Evelyn Shen

As a candidate for Dance Commissioner, I can bring a unique set of skills and experiences that make me an ideal fit for this role. My experiences in various roles, including helping with TEDx events and coordinating with experts for educational webinars, have equipped me with the skills and qualities necessary to excel in this position. For the past few months I have been communicating with the American Heart Association for a Q&A with interested students so that they will be able to engage with experts and researchers from all over the world. Furthermore, my role as a treasurer for an outside club has helped me with my planning and organizing skills; I am very detail-oriented and am confident to adhere to budget for dances. For three years, I worked as a freelance proofreader, raising around $2000 and learning the ropes of how to manage money and organize well. I’m committed to transparency, organization, and effective communication and will be able to work with the SEC events committee.
I intend to make the 2024-2025 school year’s dances extremely enjoyable and something that will leave a lasting memory for all students.