A Summer Roadtrip

Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas!  Located right outside of California, Las Vegas, to the contrary of common belief, is a place for people of all ages. A ride on a gondola in the Venetian, a visit to the M&M factory and an exploration through the Mandalay Aquarium are amongst the wide range of things to do here. If you’re up for an adventure, take a visit to sin city. Remember: what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

San Luis Obispo

Located halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo is a perfect stop for road trips across California. The town offers sandy beaches, peaceful lakes and miles of hiking trails. And just outside of city limits visitors can tour Hearst Castle, a 250,000 acre estate that includes impressive gardens, gold-plated swimming pools and a castle filled with a sensational art collection. Take a break from your never-ending road trip and make a pit stop in San Luis Obispo.

Santa Catalina

If you’re hoping to hit the ocean this summer, why not do it in style? Ditch the mainland and head to Santa Catalina Island, off the coast of South California. At Santa Catalina Island, you can explore the ocean in glass bottom boats and submarines, or go snorkling with the local ocean creatures. The island also offers off-road Jeep tours to explore the canyons, mountain ridges and breathtaking vistas that make up Santa Catalina Island. On these journeys to the rugged interior, one may even spot bald eagles, foxes and the herds of American bison that make Santa Catalina a prime destination for wildlife enthusiasts.

—Compiled by Klaire Tan and Alvin Wang