Season Preview: Boys Soccer

Bridgette Gong

WC: 217

The new season of boys soccer could not have come to a better start: the team currently has a stand of 1-0 in preseason. Team captain junior Bob Hahn is eager to get back on the field after recovering from an injury, hoping to ensure a continuation of a winning trend. “I’m just motivated to get back to fitness and play with the team,” he said. “I tore my [medial collateral ligament] and am out for the entire preseason, but working to get back to fitness in order to play on the regular season opener is what is driving me at the moment.”

Hahn has high hopes for the team as they strive to progress further in CCS (Central Coast Section) than the previous year. These ambitious goals are backed up by a strong and qualified team. “The best quality of the team is work ethic,” he said. “You can really see that some of the guys are going out on the field and pushing themselves every day which is fantastic for them and the team as well.” For Hahn, nothing beats the feeling of working hard and achieving his desired outcome. “My favorite part of the sport is winning,” he said. “Just going out there on the field and getting results is what I love to do.”