Girl’s Varsity Basketball Update: January 2018

Girls Varsity Basketball Update: January 2018

Written by Eric Epstein

After the first fifteen games of the girls varsity basketball season, the team sits at 0-5 in league and 2-13 overall. Despite this slow start, head coach Hamadah Sharif is op- timistic that the points and wins will start to come soon. “We [have] a great group of kids,” Sharif said. “They work hard and they just got a good attitude. We got to offensively put up more points, and play a little better at a faster pace. But they’re holding it down defensively— we’ll get there.”

Senior Shristi Sigdel also has high hopes for the rest of the season. “I hope that we will finish with a winning record and move on to Central Coast Section,” Sigdel said.

Senior Chloe Gong is impressed with the growth the team has undergone over the course of the season as well as the enthusiasm of new members on the team. “I wasn’t really expecting everyone on the team because we lost a lot of seniors from last year, but I think that everyone is passionate about the sport and we’re just learning really fast compared to other years I’ve been here,” Gong said.

Next Tuesday, Feb. 6, the Titans will square off against Palo Alto High School in attempt to avenge their Jan. 13 loss.

-Epstein, a junior, is the Business Manager