Humor: A Guide to Gift-Giving

Vin Bhat

As the holidays roll around, people are scrambling to find the perfect gift for their friends and family. Here are three gift ideas that will make this holiday season an unforgettable one. 

Clothes Picked by Your Mom

Everyone knows that moms have impeccable fashion taste. Whether it’s highlighter clothes, strangely patterned pants or unappealing Christmas sweaters, an outfit picked out by your mom will be a stunning addition to anyone’s wardrobe. All eyes will be on your recipient when they walk out in public. Be it the neon green burning a hole through their friends’ eyes or a permanent rash from scratchy wool, this outfit will leave a lasting impression.

Pet Rock

Everyone’s dream in life is to have a loyal, lovable friend who will always be by their side. Your dream in life is probably just to have a friend. The perfect solution to both these problems: Gift someone a pet rock. If you’re on a budget, this is a great choice. Simply step outside, grab a nice stone, slap on some googly eyes, draw on a mouth with a permanent marker,  and you’ve created a lifelong companion for the recipient of your gift. 

Shower Curtain

Showers can be boring. Chances are, your gift recipient steps into the shower everyday just to face white tiled walls until their fingertips start to resemble dried raisins. Though a new bathroom renovation might be a bit over budget, a new shower curtain is a far more affordable option to spice up their life. Recommended designs for the curtain include a hamburger, a fat pig or a poster of Big Brother.