Where to get your thrift fix: Best thrift shops in the Bay Area

The Shop

785 Santa Cruz Ave, Menlo Park, CA 94025

The Shop is definitely higher-end for a thrift store, occasionally offering brand names such as J. Crew, Banana Republic and Ralph Lauren, with prices anywhere from $10 to $250. While these prices may seem expensive to a high schooler on a budget, The Shop has frequent sales, marking items down to 85 percent off. In The Shop you can also find cool antiques such as typewriters and vintage maps. The Shop is run by the Junior League, a women’s group in San Francisco, so part of their profits go to promoting the end to human trafficking and women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math fields.

Goodwill

4085 El Camino Way, Palo Alto, CA 94306

Located on El Camino, Goodwill is close to Gunn, making it a great place to pick out a last-minute costume if you are short on time. Apart from a vari- ety of clothes, Goodwill also sells household appliances, records and jewelry. Clothing-wise they have a lot of options, although be prepared to spend a good chunk of time digging through the stacks to find that perfect piece. It is on the more pricey side for a thrift store; however, Goodwill donates part of the profits back to charity.

Savers

875 Main Street, Redwood City, CA 94063

Savers provides shoppers with the true thrift shop experience. They boast low prices, a large selection of clothes as well as a variety of kitchen and home ap- pliances. When it comes to clothes, Savers is much cheaper than Goodwill, and although it takes some sifting, one is sure to come away with a few fashion- forward items. When shopping here for things that aren’t clothes, make sure to check that it is intact and not missing a piece or two. Although further than Goodwill, Savers is worth the drive.

Compiled by Deiana Hristov

View Comments (1)
$550
$1000

$550
$1000

• U

UByDesignApr 20, 2016 at 1:49 pm

That was great to share!

Iva
    http://ubydesign.net

Reply