Keys to getting your license

Compiled by Ariel Pan

• Red means stop, green means go and yellow is supposed to mean slow down, but we all know it means speed up. You’ll never get caught running a red light. Am I right, or am I right?
  • Driver’s Ed is pretty intuitive. I mean, everyone knows that dotted and solid lines on the road actually mean different things. It’s common knowledge.
  • Make a special DMV playlist that includes songs like Paula Cole’s “I Don’t Wanna Wait” and Guns N Roses’ “Patience.” You’ll find it comes in handy when waiting in line or on the phone. Complete lifesavers.
  • If your proctor won’t let you pass your driver’s test, scream at him or her and bang on the car horn. It will show them that you are really mature, and they will definitely let you get your license.
  • There are moments when other cars may get mad at your shaky lane-changing or maximum 25 mph highway speed, but as long as you have your “Student Driver” sticker, you can get out of any situation. Even the police will understand why you ran the stop sign, although the reason may be something other than, “I couldn’t find the brake.”
  • Remember, you’re never at fault regardless what happens. You are a teen driver. Everybody else has had his or her license for a lot longer than you. If you are ever in an accident, it is undoubtedly the other person’s fault since they are more experienced. Use your youth and experience to your advantage.