Sugar Bowl Ski Resort Review

Written By: Maya Rapoport

Sugar Bowl Ski Resort is a fun resort that offers entertainment for everyone, from veterans  skiers to beginners. It has an average snowfall of 500 inches and a nice balance of groomed and ungroomed runs. Only a three and half hour drive from Palo Alto, it is conveniently located for people living in the Bay Area. The resort has 13 working chair lifts and 103 runs available, ranging from green runs for amateurs to double black diamonds for experts. The resort is easily accessible, yet also spread out, so the runs are not too crowded. Sugar Bowl offers reasonably priced ski lessons for both children and adults, making it a perfect resort for families with young children or people who are learning to ski. Both ski and snowboard rentals are available in the lodge, so people can come in, rent equipment, and enjoy a day in the snow. The beautiful landscape makes skiing even more relaxing and entertaining. Next to the runs, there is a nice cafe for people to take a break from skiing and enjoy a nice meal with friends and family.